Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fartleks in the Cool

We met today for fartleks instead of the tempo race since most of us are doing the Fila Relays on Friday night. The weather was really awesome with temps in the low 70s and low humidity. We did about a 20 minute warmup to the Holiday Inn on the trail and then did 2 on 1 off fartleks. Our group expanded a bit and there were about 9 of us. We didn't have the coordination of when I do these with Jay's group, but we got the job done. We ended up doing 10 sets which took us just past the foot bridge with a mile left to the zero mile marker.

I hit the gym on the way to work and did my abs, dips, pullups and some light stretching. I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do tomorrow. G said to take the day off since we have the race Friday night, 14 miles on Saturday (Grove), and a 10 mile simulated race on Monday. I read the overnight low is supposed to be 68 tonight so I might venture out for a few miles in the morning.

Stats - 7 miles/58:08/8:27 pace
AHR - 134
MHR - 155

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home