Monday, August 21, 2006

2/8 Pace Run

Today we met for the bi-weekly 2 mile warmup, 8 mile pace run. I felt like I bonked last time so I was very careful about my diet and hydration yesterday. I drank some Gatorade Endurance at home. I ate a quick gel pack before we took off. I ran the first two miles in 18:18 and then we picked it up when we hit the 8 mile sign. It was Anne, Marcy and me for the first part. I got a sip at the Holly park and then G had water under I-35 where I grabbed a couple of cups. I wasn't feeling solid and felt like I was really working. The air was really thick and it was hard to get a good breath, but I kept plugging away. Anne peeled off a little after 7 miles since she is still nursing her leg injury and I was on my own. I got a sip at the Rock water fountain where I passed Alex for a bit. He passed me back really quickly and kept on. The last two miles seemed really hard. I chased down a few folks I don't normally pass. I guess they were having a rough day. I crossed the line and was really happy to be done. My splits weren't as bad as I thought and I ran about 40 seconds faster than two weeks ago. I was strong mentally and that will help on race day.

Pace Splits -
7:44
7:57 - Water
7:21
7:49 - Water
7:24
7:38 - Water
7:48
7:53

Pace Run Stats - 1:01:27/7:41 pace (includes water stops)
AHR - 151
MHR - 167

Overall Mileage - 10.18 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home