Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Mile Repeats at Zilker

Today we met for mile repeats at Zilker. It was really warm this morning. The temp was in the low 80s and really humid. We jogged over in the dark and did our drills and then it was off for the start. We were told to do one more than last time so I was up for 4 today. He told us take the first one really easy. I ran with my usual group plus a few newbies. We ended up mixing in with the group ahead of us for most of the repeats.

As directed, the first repeat was really easy. I felt good, but 7:08 was a little slow to be starting off with and it hurt the overall average. I dropped the second one down to 6:48 which was in line with my McMillan projected times. I got progressively faster with a 6:45 for number 3, and a 6:40 for number 4. Now it was time for the money repeat. The two groups combined for this one and we were off to the races. I felt the burn in my legs as we headed up the slight hill to the backside of the course. Once we got to the peak, I used gravity to go quickly down the hill. Once on the flat part, I kicked it in and then raced up the final little hill and on to the finish straight. I hit the watch and it was a new PR for this workout at 6:27. That is 3 weeks in a row where I have finished with new workout PRs (800s, 2000s) so that is very encouraging. I felt like I hit a plateau after Freescale so it is really good to see some improvement.

Stats - 9.08 Miles
AHR - 131
MHR - 173

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home