Wednesday, October 04, 2006

2000s at Zilker

This morning we met for 2000s at Zilker. We are the taper, aren't we? Well we jogged over, did our drills, and then G turned all the fall marathoners loose at the same time. I had no idea how fast to go, so I stayed in the pack. I ended up with a really slow first repeat. For the remaining repeats I settled in with Carrie, Thon, Dennis, and the two Mikes. Thon and I were having a good time going back and forth. I was making passes on the uphill part on Stratford and really enjoying it. I love powering up hills. It is just telling me I need to be in Boston in April. So the repeat times got faster. My third repeat was my fastest 2000 ever and my average was a new PR as well by 3 seconds. I wish I wouldn't have dogged the first one. That would have really helped the average.

Splits -
8:40.8
8:02.8
7:57.6
7:58.0
Average - 8:09.8

I jogged back with Alex, Carrie, and Thon and then headed to the gym. I did my leg exercises at the gym, stretched and did my abs. We only have two more speed workouts and one 15 miler to go. Everything else is slow and easy. I can't wait to get to Chicago!

Stats - 7.77 miles
AHR - 130
MHR - 173

1 Comments:

Blogger Paco said...

Thanks Buddy!

October 05, 2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home