Friday, September 29, 2006

15 Mile Run

Since I had to fly to AZ for the weekend, I met Marcy, Jan, and Brad for our run a day early. We did the 10 mile loop with some additional to get to 15 miles. G wanted us to run easy for the first 5 miles, and then run at MGP for the last 10 miles. Marcy and I separated from Brad and Jan before I-35 and then did the Dam loop. We stopped for water a few times along the way. Once we got to the Rock, we headed up the Mopac frontage road to Enfield and then across to Lake Austin Blvd, and then back to the trail. When we got to Zilker, we did a loop around the road to add a mile and then finished on the trail. I think we took a more difficult course, but it was nice to get some hills in.

We averaged 7:54 for the fast 10 miles, but we started out a bit slower since it was still dark and lost some time in the hills. We averaged 7:37 for the last 5 miles.

We finished up with some strides and then I headed home where I did some abs before catching my plane to Phoenix.

Stats - 15.04 miles/2:04:09/8:15 overall pace
AHR 141
MHR 160

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home