Wednesday, September 27, 2006

800s at AHS

Today we met for 800s at AHS. The marathon groups actually split today with the ATT folks that are running IBM this weekend doing fartleks while us fall folks headed to AHS for 800s. I was supposed to be in the IBM group, but am heading to Arizona this weekend for my friend Jon's funeral. I will be getting in my long run on Friday before I fly out.

As for today's workout, G said 8-10 repeats and gave me a time range of 3:15 - 3:20. My right hamstring is still bothering me so I took it really easy. Marcy and I ran the first couple of repeats together and then joined another group with Carrie and Mike which made the workout a lot easier and our times got better. G spotted a glitch in my form where my left arm swings in toward my body which makes my right foot turn in when I run. I really focused on keeping the foot straight and the arm straight and the pain actually went away. I had to really focus to keep my left arm swinging straight, but it worked. I need to really focus on this during the marathon.

The repeats went OK...about 12 seconds slower overall average slower than last time, but since we are just over 3 weeks out, it was a good workout. The second 4 were a lot faster than the first 4 repeats so I got stronger as we progressed.

I jogged back with Carrie and Mike and then headed to the gym where I did some pull ups, dips, abs, and then stretched.

Tomorrow is a day off and then my long run on Friday this week. I will probably run 5-7 miles in Phoenix on Saturday morning just to get the endorphins going to give me some positive energy for the day.

Splits -
3:33.3, 3:27.8, 3:29.7, 3:26.0, 3:21.4, 3:18.7, 3:19.4, 3:16.0
Average - 3:24

Stats - 7.57 Miles
AHR - 126
MHR - 162

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home