Monday, October 02, 2006

5/5 Pace Run

Today we met for a 5/5 pace run. After two days at 7% humidity, it was brutal out there for me this morning, but I loved it. That dry stuff really messes with your system. My sinuses are messed up and I still feel dehydrated. Anyway, the goal was to do 5 miles easy and run the second 5 miles faster so that you improve over the first 5 miles by 3-5 minutes. I did my warmup with both Alexs and Don. We pulled away from the main pack by a lot after running really slow for the first couple of miles. We stopped for water at the power plant and again right at the 5 mile mark. We took off and I was able to hang within a few yards of both Alexs to the next water stop at the runoff point by AHS. I got two quick cups and took off again. Alex P caught me going across the bridge and Alex W caught me right after the foot bridge. I was feeling pretty good although my heart rate was out of whack today. I think it is due to me being exhausted. I tried to chase the Alexs down, but couldn't. I think I finished about 100 yards behind them. My splits for the 5 miles were really good and my legs felt great.

2nd 5 mile Splits - 7:32.7, 7:19.4, 7:43.1, 7:26.5, 7:15.4

First 5 miles - 43:18.2
Second 5 Miles - 37:17.1
Delta - 6:01.2

Overall miles - 10.16/1:22:52/8:10 pace
AHR - 146
MHR - 169

We cut back to 5 mile recovery runs this week and we are supposed to reduce our weights by one set this week and two sets next week. The taper has officiall begun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home