Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rest Day

I decided to take today off and rest my legs and me. I was feeling kind of under the weather yesterday with a sore throat and runny nose. I think it is just the weather change and maybe some allergies, but I was really tired and decided to sleep in today. When I got up it was 52 outside and I really wanted to run after I dropped the kids off. Although I feel really guilty for allowing the day off, I know it is best for me at this point in my training. My hamstring is still tweaked and my legs just feel beat up. I have worked too hard to blow it by not listening to my body. I feel better rested and depending on how things go today I will probably do the easy 7 tomorrow morning.

I did do my ab workout and 50 pushups so I got in some exercise. I also revamped my computer based diet last night since I think I am not eating enough. I have been really sluggish on my last two long runs and think it is a result of my diet. I am eating good things just not enough of them. I am down to 195 pounds, my clothes are hanging on me, and I know I have more muscle than last year. I have been trying to eat between 1500 and 2000 calories when my RMR+Exercise is dictating about 3000 calories a day to maintain my weight. 4+ weeks out from the marathon is not a time so starve myself so I am upping my calories to 2000-2500 to maintain my weight until race day. I may cut back a bit during the taper as my miles decrease.

2 Comments:

Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Eat, eat, eat!!!

I know how difficult it is, but you did the right thing by taking a rest day!!

September 20, 2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

Thanks! I am feeling good about it now.

September 20, 2006 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home