Sunday, October 29, 2006

Easy Run at Home

Today I went for a little 4 mile run. It's been 7 days since Chicago so it was time to put the shoes back on and get out there. I felt like I was a beginning runner. I was breathing hard and generally felt like crap. It is weird to think that a week ago I ran an awesome race in Chicago and was at the top of my game. I guess a week of good food and no running takes its toll. I also think my body is still tired from last week. That must be the difference in running a marathon hard versus running a race and quitting during the race. I stretched good when I got home and that seemed to help some of the soreness. A few hours later, my lower back is sore and my lowere legs are sore. I am going to rest tomorrow and then do 7 miles on the trail on Tuesday morning. I think I will run every other day this week and then make a call on returning to the Gazelles the week of the 6th.

Stats - 4.06 miles/35:05/8:39 pace
AHR - 142
MHR - 159

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I'd keep the mileage way down this week, Frank. Save the 7 miler for Saturday, and do your 4 mile loop every other day instead. Give your body a chance to really recover.

October 30, 2006 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home