Thursday, October 19, 2006

Pre Travel Chicago Post

Well in about 72 hours I should be at about mile 23-24 and running strong. Anyone who knows me knows my goal time. 3:20, and this is the race that it will happen. I am strong, positive, healthy, and feeling great. This is my 9th marathon and it is only fitting that my 10th marathon be Boston! As for the weekend plans, it is James Taylor on Friday night, UT/Nebraska Saturday AM, more football in the afternoon, and game one of the World Series on Saturday night. Cool, cloudy weather is on tap for Sunday with a chance of early morning rain and the usual wind. Really good conditions for Chicago. On Sunday the race will be the icing on the cake of some really strong training this summer. The post-race celebration will be epic amounts of pizza and beers...no coming home early!

Many stories, pictures, and details to follow. On Sunday, please send the positive vibes, karma, etc. my way and to all my training mates!

2 Comments:

Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Sending positive vibes in your direction!!! This is your race, baby!!!

October 20, 2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

I had it through 35k. The 3 mile wind tunnel heading up Michigan avenue killed me. It was nice to be in the game until the very end. More to come in the race report!

October 25, 2006 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home