Friday, October 20, 2006

Travel Day and JT - Posted 10/25

Today was our travel day to Chicago. I was on the same flight with Alex, Lisa and her sister, and boys. There were also some other runners on the plane with us, but I didn't know them. I was lucky and got upgraded to first class so I had a nice snack and some nice sleep on the way up.

Alex and I took the train into the city which was a lot cheaper than a cab, but took forever. We checked into the Westin River North (an awesome hotel), hit the Subway for a quick sandwich and were off to the Expo. We ended up getting there around 2:30 and didn't stay too long. They seemed to have the same stuff as last year so I didn't look a whole lot and all I bought were a pair of ASICS gloves which I wore all weekend with my normal clothes on. We headed back to the hotel and relaxed for a couple of hours and then headed out to grab a bite before the concert. We ended up at a great Italian place called Balbo's. I had a huge bowl of ear shaped pasta with crumbled sausage and broccoli.

We then headed to the James Taylor concert at the Chicago Theatre. It was a really nice, intimate setting...perfect for JT. It would have nice to have Carla with me. The show was really good. It was JT, his guitar, and an accompanist on piano. He played more of his mellow songs so some of my favorites that he plays during his summer tours were missing. He played for about two hours and then we headed back to the hotel for the key night of rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I'm envious about the JT concert. That's the sort of setting that I'd prefer for him.

October 25, 2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

He was awesome!

October 25, 2006 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home