Sunday, October 15, 2006

Night Out with Emma

Last night I took Emma to see the Longhorns play Baylor. She has been such a great helper since Carla got hurt and I wanted to do something special with her. I decided on a "Daddy/Daughter" date. My first daughter is growing up so fast and I feel like she is going to be on her own in a blink of an eye.

We got to the game early and headed to the End Zone Club. She was in awe of all the people and crazy fans. We ate some dinner and then headed over to the stadium where she took it all in. She was in love with all the pageantry around the game. She had her "Hook-Em" sign going and knew all the cheers before the game started. The cannon shots startled her the first few times which was funny. She loved the band, the Texas flag on the field, and the "T-E-X-A-S" chants to the music. Once the game started she really got into it and into the reactions of the fans. Since I went to Arizona she is used to me screaming at the TV, but the folks to our left were diehard UT fans with full vocals going the whole game. I got a high five after each touchdown and big play. I wanted to leave after the 3rd quarter, but she wanted to stay until the end so she could see the UT Tower lighted up orange.

We had a great time and it was nice to spend some one on one time with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home