Saturday, October 14, 2006

10 Miler Before Chicago

Today was our last Saturday long run before Chicago. The Chicago folks did 10 miles on the trail. I was out late last night at the horse races in San Antonio so I was a little groggy in the AM. We decided to stick together for most of the run since it was our last one before the race. I think I heard Alex say something about it being our victory lap which was a good description of the vibe in the group. We have spent spent the last 4.5 months together training and the time together was special. Each marathon I seem to bond and get to know different folks as we progress through the training. It's an added bonus to our physical fitness.

As for the run, we kept a fairly easy pace except for the last two miles. We utilized the trail fountains for water and even had a Gazelle stop under I-35. We started our pickup after crossing the MoPace bridge which made mile 9 a little slower than MGP. I picked it up for mile 10 and the last little increment. I think overall the last two miles were under MGP which was fine.

Last two mile splits - 8:01, 7:31, 7:20 pace for last .16 miles

Stats - 10.16 miles/1:34:29/9:18 pace
AHR - 121
MHR - 154

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home