Monday, October 16, 2006

Stones Workout

This morning the Chicago folks met for our usual 3k around the Zilker soccer fields. The weather today was a rude reminder of our hard training in the heat and humidity all summer. It was about 78 degrees with humidity in the 90s. It will be a huge shock to the system to get to Chicago on Friday. We gathered up and headed that way and when we ran around to the entrance there was a guard to tell us the park was closed for this weekend's Stones concert. We decided to head over to the AHS track and do a 2000 since we had to tack on some extra mileage to get there. We stopped for water at the Rock and headed over. We started out and then G found us. He was cheering us on and even handed out some water cups so we could practice taking water. He told us to try and run a rectangle around the track to avoid the curves. Alex, Marcy and I ended up doing 6 laps which was a little over 1.5 miles. I averaged a comfortable 7:22 in the warm rain. We jogged back and I headed to the gym and did a set of leg extensions, some calf raises, and 137 abs. My last set of leg raises was 27...one for each mile and the evil .2!

I watched "The Secret" yesterday and it was really inspiring. I am trying to quickly apply the principles I learned from my first viewing (I have to watch it again and take notes for the other aspects of my life) for the race this weekend. No more negative thoughts in regards to anything about the race. It's all about positive thoughts, positive visualization, and a great weekend in Chicago!

Stats - 6.73 Miles
6 laps on track (rectangle laps) - 1.53 miles/11:15/7:22 pace
AHR - 148/MHR - 157 (for track workout)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home