Saturday, November 04, 2006

Back to the Long Run

Today I joined the ATT folks for a 13 miler. The weather was perfect with temps near 50 and no wind. I jumped in with Jay and crew and had a really enjoyable run. I was able to talk with Jay, Rich, Rachel, and Jennifer along the way. We ran at a really nice pace up Exposition across 35th, up Jackson, south on Bull Creek and over to Shoal Creek for some water. We then headed back across 38th and back down Exposition. I hung with Rich and Jay until about the Rock on the way back and then they took off. I told Rich I was going for a slow finish and that is exactly what I did. I felt good, but got tired the last 3 miles. My legs didn't have any pain at all, but my back tightened up which is getting really old.

I ran all the way back to RunTex to get to Caroline's soccer game. When I got to the field I was really stiff, but jogged over and loosened up a bit. I did some stretching at the game and at home and felt good. I am going to continue icing my back and hopefully that and another chiropractor appointment this week will help it out. I think I hurt it sitting around for a week. It doesn't hurt when I stand, but the sitting isn't fun.

Tomorrow I am jogging/walking the Race for the Cure with Caroline and probably taking Monday off. I may jump in with the Gazelles for Fartleks on Wednesday in preparation for Motive. After a solid 13 miles today, I am going to run Motive unless something is hurting tomorrow.

Stats - 13 miles/1:55:44/8:54 pace
AHR - 140
MHR - 161
(My heart rate is still a bit elevated on average, but only by about 6-7 BPM so I am still in recovery mode.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home