Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Moderate 4 at Home

Today I slept until 6:15 and then headed out for another 4 miler. The weather changed again and it was a bit windy with temps in the low 50s...very nice. We had a fun Halloween last night and I ate too much candy...but chocolate is a rare treat in our house so I took advantage of the many choices!

I had my back worked on yesterday and it felt a lot better this morning. It is still sore and I have to ice it when I get a chance, but the doc thinks it will be fine. My legs felt awesome today with no kinks at all. I was cruising along at between 8:03 and 8:13 miles for the 4 miles. I didn't want to pick it up any more than that. I read an article about reverse tapering to get back into things so that is my plan on getting back. I ran about 30 miles two weeks before the race and will end up with about that same mileage this week. Next week I can jump up to 35-40 and be good to go with a return to the Gazelles on Monday the 13th. One more week of easy running at home will be nice, plus I am stuck with jury duty next week so who knows how that will affect my training.

Tomorrow will be another 4 miler at home, rest Friday, 12-14 on Saturday, and an easy walk/jog Race for the Cure with Caroline on Sunday. Emma chose a slumber birthday party over the race...I think I would have too!

Stats - 4.06 miles/33:13/8:11 pace
AHR - 143
MHR - 160

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home