Saturday, February 24, 2007

Recovery Run

Today I met a pretty large group of folks for a 7 mile recovery run. We decided to sleep in and head out at 7AM. The weather was warm and muggy, but a nice change from the cold that we have been having. I was able to run in shorts and a t-shirt. It was great to see many people I haven't seen in a long time. We headed out clockwise on the trail so people could peel off at 7 miles. The main pack went really slow, but I couldn't drop back that far so I ran with Dennis and David to the Rock and then hooked up with Alex Wolfe and his folks, who are in town from Michigan, for the rest of the run. Alex trained with us for Chicago and his Dad is a two time Boston marathoner. We had a great conversation for the 5 miles we ran together. We picked up the pace as we went along those miles which probably wasn't a great idea, but my legs felt good. My last mile was an 8:23. I joined a modest crew for stretching and then headed home.

Stats - 7.09 miles/1:04:28/9:05 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home