Monday, March 19, 2007

Back to the Speedwork - 1000s at Zilker

After exactly a month of easy running I headed back to the Gazelles to begin my preparation for the Indy Half Marathon. It was brutal getting up so early, but I will get used to it. The weather was a little warm and muggy. I got to RunTex and Jay was the only one there. We gathered up 4 more people and headed over to Zilker Park. We did our drills and then G got there. He said to do 5 repeats and try and pick up the speed as we went along. We all took off together on the first one and it was me, Jay, and Anthony finishing together. My legs felt like crud. We jogged across the field and headed off for the next one which for me was slower. The next one was about the same and G told us to pick it up for the last two repeats. The 4th one was about 20 seconds faster and I could feel it. The last one I really felt like I was working hard and knocked another 5 seconds off. I could definitely tell I haven't been running too hard since the ATT marathon.

Splits - 4:25, 4:29, 4:25, 4:09, 4:05

We got on the trail where the Zilker Railroad hits the north side of the park and headed home. It was a good first workout, but I am feeling it this afternoon...just a bit tired. I am also going back to charting my heart rate so I can measure my "getting back into shape" progress.

Stats - 8 Miles
AHR - 128
MHR - 169

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home