Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Start of Chicago Training

Since today is the day after the Boston marathon and the next Boston marathon is in a year from tomorrow, I thought it would be the perfect day to begin my quest for next year's marathon which means getting my butt in shape for my Chicago training. The race is still 6 months away, but I joined 24 Hour Fitness and began working on my body. I have to fix my back and get stronger in my legs and upper body. Today I did a bunch of exercises and am already sore. This facility has to many more machines than the AMD gym had and I think it will be great for me. I started off the day with 20 minutes on the bike and then hit the row of leg machines, upper body, and then a whole section for the back. I spent about an hour there and it was awesome. I plan on lifting 2-3 times a week until throughout this training season.

I will be in Boston a year from now!

PS: Keep the folks in Virginia in your prayers...what an awful tragedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home