Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Easy Run and Exercises at Home

I hit the roads of Circle C today for my recovery run. I am learning all the different routes through Circle C and it is a lot of fun to come up with new routes to get to my time and mileage goals. Today I did a big loop of the neighborhood to come up with just a bit over 6 miles. The only bad stretch was running on Highway 45 south of the neighborhood. The cars fly on that road and the shoulder rotates from left to right for the little stretch you have to negotiate it.

After reading a Runner's World article about number of steps in a minute I was testing mine. The article said that 180 was optimal and I kept coming up with between 168 and 170. 10-12 steps a minute ads up to a lot of distance in the marathon. I need to re-read the article to see what I need to do to get to 180.

I did my home exercises again today including lunges, squats, abs, pushups, fly on the ball, and calf raises.

Stats - 6.02 miles/50:46/8:26 pace
AHR - 134
MHR - 149

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home