Monday, August 06, 2007

2/6/2 Pace Run

Today a few of us skipped the circuit training in favor of a pace run. I think these are key to a successful marathon so I am committed to them every other week until the race. We decided to do a 2/6/2 pace run. Larry, Steve, Brad, and me headed out on the 10 mile loop. I was hoping for a better run than last time. My times are still a bit off from last year. We did a 2.1 mile warmup at 9:23 pace and then took off at the mile marker near the restroom. I felt pretty good at the start and was leading the pack. My first two miles were at 7:57 pace. I dropped mile 3 to 7:41 and then I started to get tired with my mile 4 time of 7:59. I stopped for water during mile 5 and my time dropped to 8:39. Brad and Larry were ahead of me and Steve peeled off to get to work. I kept plugging along and did the last mile in 8:25. Overall, not a bad effort, but definitely not a confidence builder. My heart rate was above my threshold for all but the first mile. I don't know if I am still tired from my 3 hours of sleep on Friday night or what. We finished with a really easy 2.16 mile cool down at 9:52 pace. I went really slow to try and get my heart rate down, but my HR average for the cool down was 146.

Pace Run stats - 6 miles/48:41/8:07 pace
AHR - 159
MHR - 167

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home