Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ugly Long Run

Today the Grove loop was on our schedule. It is about a 14 mile effort. I was looking forward to it after taking Thursday and Friday off. I was feeling a little off last night, but didn't think much of it. I started out with the group and then ran with Dennis for awhile. We stopped for water near the library on Grove and headed out. I started feeling crappy once we headed through the "river" before the softball fields. Ann and Diana caught up with us around there and my heart rate was over 150 and I was only going around 9:15 pace. Dennis, Ann, and Diana pulled away and I couldn't keep up with them at all. I kept plugging away and feeling worse and worse. I finally had to walk to get my heart rate down. I finally decided to cut it short and cut across the Pfluger bridge and come back. I walked across the bridge and jogged back to the start. I got to my car and went home. I felt like garbage when I got home and slept all day.

Stats - 10.76 miles/1:41:09/9:24 pace
AHR - 140
MHR - 157

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home