Saturday, July 28, 2007

First 20 Miler

Today was our first 20 miler of this training season. I didn't know what to expect since I had stomach issues all week and was hoping to just get the miles in and feel good about it. I ended up having a great run with Larry and Steve. We were together for most of the way running about a 9 minute pace. The route was out and back through scenic, up Shoal Creek to a spot up on Great Northern and back. I ate about every 4 miles and didn't have to make any potty stops which was great. I am finally learning that good food on Friday means no "poops" on Saturday! I had to pick it up once we got near into the scenic loop on the way back so I could get home to catch our flight to North Carolina. I ran the last 4 miles at 8:33, 8:32, 8:40, and8:48.

Stats - 20 miles/2:59:16/8:57 pace
AHR - 140
MHR - 158

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home