Thursday, March 13, 2008

Run at Home

My quads felt a lot better today after a few times on the foam roller. I wish I would have used it earlier in the week. Wish suggested it yesterday and I am kicking myself for not thinking of it.

Today I ran the loop around Kiker Elementary to highway 45 and then back to the house. This route is nice and hilly and I wanted to run it harder than just a casual jog. I ran a decent pace for the first 4 miles and my last mile was my fastest. I know I am not anywhere near race ready, but I am enjoying my running and my body feels really good.

Health Note: I got my blood work back from my physical last week and my cholesterol is down to 190. It was as high as 230 during my unhealthy hears in Houston 10 years ago. It is nice to say I am better at 43 than I was at 33!

Stats - 5.1 miles/42:13/8:16 pace
AHR - 143
MHR - 163

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home