Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Gym Run

I took an extra day off yesterday due to some really bad weather. It was raining hard early and then it got really cold and windy so I said no way! It is the time of year I can say that and am enjoying it. Today I hit the gym for 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer and a 45:00 run. I picked up the pace today and felt really good. I followed that up with a quick run through my leg weight routine because I had to get to my doctor for my annual physical. Like I mentioned in my February blog summary I haven't been feeling solid, but he said all systems were good and I am in great shape for a 43 year old man (as of Sunday, 3/2). I am actually 5 pounds lighter than a year ago which is a good thing for my down training period. I still have to wait and see how I did on the cholesterol scale, but things should be fine there as well.

Once I return from California this weekend I can make some Gazelle workouts to get ready for some 5ks and the Texas Round Up 10k. I have to fly to Munich the morning of the Cap 10k so I have to miss that race for the second year in a row, but no biggie. It will be my first trip over the "pond" and I am looking forward to it. I will definitely be doing some running in Munich while I am over there.

Stats - 5.5 miles/46:00/8:22 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home