Thursday, August 07, 2008

Facebook

My company, Sun Microsystems, is big into social networking so I have a Facebook account where many of my online contacts are co-workers at Sun. I also have a few running buds, family, old co-worker friends, and some actual friends from high school. It is really nice to re-connect with people so the technology is awesome.

One of the people I reconnected with is a lady I knew in high school through one of my best friends. We hung out a bit as a group after high school and went our separate ways. This lady, Michelle, also has a blog and it is filled with great pictures and stories of her life in Bulgaria with her husband. While reading I got to a section called "Cancer" and my heart sank. It was her recap of how she put it into submission after almost a year of treatment which ended a couple of years ago. It still hits home when someone you know gets that crap and almost all of us have been touched by it. I don't really know where I am going with this, but I wanted to write about it. Love your family and friends...keep in touch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home