Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tempo Run

Today we met for the dreaded tempo run. I have not done one of these in a very long time and was not looking forward to this workout in the dark. We did a 1.75 mile warm up and then I lined up for the "race." I had no idea what to expect, but knew I had to run a bit slower so I wouldn't fall down in the dark. I stayed with Brian through the first two miles and ran a 7:41 and 7:39. Brian pulled away at Lou Neff point and then I was just trying to hang on and do a negative split. I finished strong with a 7:28 third mile and a 7:07 for the last part of the route. I was hurting, but think I could have gone faster in the light. Overall a good day and I know where I am with 3 months to go.

Stats - 6.29 miles
Tempo Race Stats - 3.96 miles/29:57/7:33 pace
AHR - 158
MHR - 169

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home