Wednesday, October 01, 2008

1200s at AHS

Today we met for 1200s at AHS. This was one of those days that I should have stayed in bed. I was exhausted yesterday and my left glute was really sore. The pace run on Monday really kicked my butt and I am still feeling the effects. As for today I knew it was going to be bad when I had to run out of Gilbert's pre-workout talk and drop a the bomb. I ran over to AHS with Lisa C and did the drills. We did a lap of strides before we began and I noticed that none of my training posse was there this morning. I was on my own for one of my least favorite workouts. G said to do 3-5 and and my goal was to do 5:00 for each one to get me near the 3:21 average I had for the 800s last week. My first repeat was a slow as 5:39 (7:25 pace). My glute was flaring up so I told myself to get through 4 repeats and call it a day. Repeat 2 was a 5:33 (7:20), repeat 3 was 5:19 (6:58), and the last one was a 5:10 (6:48). I really focused on the last two which were respectable times. My heart rate was in the 150s for all but the last one so I know I had some more speed if my legs weren't so dead.

I stretched when I got home and used my foam roller on my glute. I really need to break down and get a massage after next week's 20 miler.

Stats - 7.06 miles
MHR - 162 (last repeat)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home