Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cross Training - 5 Days Until the Marathon

I looked back at my blog from the fall of 2006 when I ran my best marathon time in Chicago. I decided this week was going to look like 2006 when I only ran on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday prior to the race. In 2006 I rested completely on Tues/Thurs/Friday. I decided to do something to today so I hit the elliptical trainer for 35 minutes just to work up a sweat. I stretched at home and did some easy ab and back work to keep things loose.

I am feeling positive and have been doing some visualization since I know the course like the back of my hand. It's scary that I know it so well especially since I hate the course so much. It would be totally ironic for me to get my BQ time on this shit course!

I want to send out a special Congratulations to my best friend in the world, Dan...the fool went and got engaged in December. Seriously I wish him and his bride to be the best!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Thanks for the positive wishes on my engagement. We have not set a date yet, but you're on the top of the list.

Sherri and I look forward to a visit to Austin when we can get together with you and Carla, it's been too long.

Good luck on Sunday,
Dan

February 11, 2009 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home