Saturday, February 07, 2009

Nice 10 Miler

Today we ran 10 miles on the LBL trail. The goal was 6 at an easy pace with the last 4 at MGP. Since I have been sick all week I didn't know what to expect. I hit my inhaler before I left to open up the pipes a bit. I hate doing using the albuterol because it increases my heart rate. Rachel, Brian, and I started in the pack, but by the north side separated from the masses. We started the pace part a bit past I-35 and I actually felt good and wasn't breathing as hard as I was on Wednesday. My cardio felt a lot better and I wasn't coughing up as much stuff as earlier in the week. Rachel dropped off the pace and Brian and I finished strong. We did a few strides and then joined the group for stretching.

After today's workout I am actually getting excited about the marathon next week. It will be a fun day no matter what happens.

Stats - 10.15 miles/1:25:10/8:23 pace
Pace Splits - 7:50, 7:48, 7:49, 7:35

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home