Monday, February 09, 2009

Marathon Week - 6 Days to Go

Well it is marathon week. It didn't really hit me until this AM and that is a good thing. I usually have all this build up and pressure leading up to a marathon. This time it is a lot different since I am running in my hometown. There are many pluses including sleeping in my own bed, I get to cook my own food, and I can sit on my ass in my own house on Saturday instead of on top of a hotel bed. This race is really an after thought and I am totally calm. I am just going to run and see what the day holds. Of course I will have a special time in the back of my mind, but it is just another race in Austin.

As for today, I didn't sleep last night so I did not meet the Gazelles for 1000s at the track. I opted for running just over 3k at MGP. I warmed up for about 15 minutes and then did an out and back on Escarpment. The first mile was downhill and the second mile was uphill. Kind of a nice prep for the Austin course. After I finished the MGP section I cooled down back to the house. It was warm and humid so I felt OK. The weather is looking good for Sunday. Hopefully the forecast holds.

Stats - 5.31 miles
3K MGP - 2 miles/15:59/8:00 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home