Saturday, March 07, 2009

Long Running...and Falling

Today I met my gal pals for a new run. The route was a 12 miler that was a counter-clockwise version of the Austin Marathon. After the marathon I was thinking that running this direction may be easier, but I was wrong. We were climbing pretty steadily until we turned off the course at 38th street. We were able to enjoy the rolling hills of Exposition which is my least favorite running stretch in Austin. Along Lake Austin boulevard I took another tumble. A guy was running with his dog on a leash that was extended too long. When I was trying to figure out how not to get tripped by the damn dog, I caught a raised sidewalk lip and went down hard. The only good thing was that I only ripped open my perpetual "falling" scar. I got more bruised up this time, but all in all I don't feel too bad. I really have to focus on picking up my feet. I cleaned up a little bit at the rock and then finished up on the trail. I struggled a bit, but it was my longest run since the marathon and it was warm and humid. It's good to be back!

Stats - 12.25 miles/1:50:43/9:02 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home