Tuesday, December 14, 2004

WILKE!!!

Today was the dreaded Wilke workout. It was freezing outside...literally. We met at a baseball field on Robert E Lee which is just east of Zilker Park. Everyone stayed in the car until the last minute. We headed over to Wilke road or whatever and did our drills and then began the workout. Marathoners were supposed to do 10. I didn't pick a number yet, but ended up with 8. My previous best was 7 way back in September. My times were slower than in September, but I was really focusing on form. Gilbert was yelling at me to keep my back straight and to swing my left arm. I finally got it all together on the last repeat. Repeat times: 1:27, 1:30, 1:26, 1:27, 1:31, 1:30, 1:33, 1:23. I felt smooth and the time was the fastest. I told Jay during the workout that no matter how fast or slow you go, this workout just kicks your ass.

We did two half Wilkes backward and I was done. I actually felt good after the workout except for a slight pain right below my calf on my left leg. I think I twisted my ankle trying to avoid some water yesterday on the trail. I wore some really cool Asics socks I purchased at the NYC marathon and they really helped with my blister problem. I am going to monitor it a bit more before I got have Bill mess with my orthotics.

Total Mileage - 5.85 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home