Thursday, December 16, 2004

Tempo Run

Today was the 4 mile tempo run on Town Lake. It's a two mile out and back from the zero mile marker to the Mopac bridge and back. The weather was a lot warmer than yesterday. It was in the high 40s vs 18 degrees yesterday. We did a mile warm up out to the half mile marker and back. We did the usual drills and were off.

I decided to pace with Marci who is one of the faster women. She kills me in all the track and repeat workouts, but I somehow beat her during the tempo run. We ran together all the way to the Mopac bridge. Marci took a break or something there, because she didn't make the turn with me. I took off and did a nice negative split. The first two miles were 14:49 and the last two were 14:18. My overall time was 29:07 which was 9 seconds faster than previous best in September. I felt great afterwards and probably could have gone a little faster. We did a half mile cool down and then did some strides. Overall a very good day.

Overall Mileage - 6.75 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home