Saturday, December 18, 2004

13 Miler Plus Stretching

Today was a rather "easy" day after last week's 20 miler. The weather was a lot colder than I expected. I had laid out some shorts, but when I woke up and checked the thermometer, it was 32 degrees outside. I had to put on the tights and two layers of shirts. I wore a running hat and a pair of gloves. I ate a clif bar on the way and drank 12 oz of Accelerade. I ran with Alex, Liliana, Ann and Gretchen. I have been able to keep up with this group for the past few weeks and it has been really nice. I am running a bit faster and it gives me more confidence to do well come marathon day.

We ran a counter clockwise loop from Runtex to the dam and then to the rock. I ate a carboom at the rock and drank some water. We took the trail under the bridge just north of the rock which takes you out Enfield. We ran across Enfield, then down Exposition to Lake Austin Blvd and then back to the rock, and back around to Runtex. It was a really nice run. I got to know Ann a bit more and the 5 of us talked the whole time. It's great to finally have a running group again. I really enjoy everyone.

Total Miles for Long Run = 13.12 Miles
Time - 1:55:22
Pace - 8:48

We did our normal stretching routine but there were a ton of new faces. Gilbert was bring filmed for a PBS special and invited many people to join us today. I don't know if they were all Gazelles, but I didn't recognize half the room. We went through our normal drills, and then did a really slow jog so they could film us. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Total mileage for the day with long run and "filming" = 14.06 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home