Thursday, December 09, 2004

800s at Austin High School

After a wonderful day of rest, it was off to Austin High for 800s. I put on my new Asics and headed out the door. The temperature at home was in the 40s so I put on some tights and long sleeves. Once I got to Runtex I wished I had put on some shorts. I ran over to AHS with the group. For some reason I was expecting 3 or 4 800s, but it Gilbert told us we had to do 8. My new shoes felt great on the way over and I was hoping for the same on the track. Gilbert combined my little group (Margaret and I) with Jay's group and we ended up sticking together with a splinter group going a little slower; Henry and a few new ladies.

I was very consistent throughout the workout and really busted the last one. Jay and I ran 3 200s afterward and Gilbert filmed our form. The playback made us look like we were going really slow. My legs felt great and I felt really good after the workout. I felt really refreshed. I ran back with Henry, Jay and Alex. It was a great workout and a great morning. It really set a positive tone for the day.

I did a quick stretch and some ab exercises at the club.

3:33.66, 3:30.39, 3:27.92, 3:31.31, 3:27.12, 3:27.21, 3:33.19, 3:18.27

9.5 Miles total

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home