Monday, January 10, 2005

5 and 5 Pace Run

Since Buda is 6 days away, today was a 5 and 5 pace run which means that you run the first 5 miles easy and then pick up the second 5 miles so that you finish 3-5 minutes faster than the first 5. The weather was warm, humid and crappy today. It was one of those high 60 and drizzly days.

I met Liliana and Alex at 5:45 at RunTex and we were off. The first 5 miles went by uneventful and then once we cleared I-35, we took off. Of course they took off and I just sped up. I had some stomach issues again and had to stop just past the Pfluger bridge for some relief. I flew after that and was greeted by Gilbert as I crossed the zero mile marker. I ran 4:37 seconds faster during the second half than the first half so I did well. I did 5 strides at auditorium shores and headed back to RunTex. It was a good workout and except for the stomach problems, would have been a lot of fun. I need to eat better over the weekends to avoid this in the future.

Stats:
First 5 miles - 46:45 (9:21 pace)
Second 5.31 miles - 42:08 (7:56 pace)
Delta - 4:37
Total Time - 1:28:53 (8:37 pace)

Total mileage for the day - 10.97 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home