Saturday, January 08, 2005

Recovery LSR

It's the week after the 22 miler and a week before the RunTex 30k so today was a shorter recovery long run. The goal was to take it easy until the last 3 miles and then speed up. The weather was in the 40s at the start so I wore shorts, two layers on top, one pair of gloves and a running hat. We started a little later, 6:30AM, this week so it was nice to get an extra half an hour of sleep. There were 9 of us in our group this morning and most everyone stuck together until the last 3 miles. We ran from RunTex to Mt. Bonnell, down Balcones, across 35th to Exposition, down Exposition to Lake Austin Blvd. and then back to RunTex on the South side of the trail.

We got water at Red Bud Trail, the top of Mt. Bonnell, and at O'Henry Middle School. I tried an Enveritin gel that Gilbert gave me at the top of Bonnell and ate a Carboom at O'Henry. Everyone took off from O'Henry with Alex and Liliana in the lead. I ran with Kelly the whole way back and our last three miles were 7:44, 7:35, and 7:40.

We ran 5 strides at Auditorium shores and then headed to the RunTex "barn" for stretching. I got put on the spot to take Jay's place as the counter. I had to leave a bit early and turned the reins over to Alex as I ran out the door.

LSR Mileage 13.5 Miles
LSR Time - 1:54:56
Pace - 8:31
Total Mileage = 14.26 Miles

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Wow, I didn't know I had an Official Position in the Gazelles! Makes me feel a little better about myself. My 14 miler on Saturday was dead flat in Houston, a solo run. I had fun, but I missed the Gang.

January 09, 2005 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home