Thursday, January 06, 2005

Tempo Run

Today was temp run day. Another 4 miler from the mile zero marker to the Mopac bridge and back. The weather was really cold...in the mid 30s with a strong NW wind. I wore a dri fit tee and a long sleeve shirt on top, tights, and two pairs of gloves. I also wore my snow hat.

We did about a 1.2 mile warm up to the Pfluger bridge and back and then did our drills. I really wanted a new PR for this course since I have been running so strong, but was worried about it since I thought it was too cold to run really fast.

I started out at a pretty good clip and ended up running by myself the whole way with Liliana in front of me and Sean/Margaret/Jay behind me. I got to the half way point in 14:27 and picked it up a bit on the way back to finish in 28:54 a 7:13 pace. It was a 15 second PR over last time which was pretty good given the conditions.

Total mileage = 7.33 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home