Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!!!

I can't believe it's 2005 already. 2004 was my third full year of running. I started running in June of 2001. It's amazing what I have accomplished in just 3.5 years.

- Lost 50+ pounds
- Ran 5 Marathons (including Chicago and New York)
- Ran 9 half marathons
- Ran 61 races ranging from 5ks to full marathons
- Ran in two Hood to Coast Relays

I have to be honest in saying that if you would have told me I would have accomplished the above things in the early part of 2001, I would have told you were f'ing crazy! I am so happy now that I made the lifestyle change and am blessed to be able to run. I have met many friends along the way and my closest friends now and are my running buds. We are a strange breed and no one other than another runner can understand why we do what we do.

2004 was a very good year for my running. After running the Motorola marathon and not meeting my goals, I made a huge change. I joined Gilbert's Gazelles in late March with my friend Jay. I think we both thought it was going to be a 6 week class just to check it out, but we are both hooked and had a great running year. I stayed relatively healthy for most of the year and only had a few nagging injuries that didn't last for more than a few weeks. I PR'd most of my races and ran two more marathons. All in all a great year!

As for my 2004 statistics:

- Ran 19 races including two marathons
- Ran 1,716 miles for the year; an average of 143 miles per month - Up from 1301 Miles and 108.43 miles a month last year
- Ran 9 PRs at various distances including half, 30K and full marathon

For 2005 as I turn 40 and become a "Masters" runner, I have the following goals:

- Stay injury free
- Start to swim and bike so I can run a triathlon this year
- Skip my usual fall marathon so I can train hard and qualify for Boston at Freescale 2006
- Run the Mini Indy 500 Half marathon in May for my yearly "race trip"
- Continue to train with the Gazelles 3x a week
- Get my 10k and 5k times within range of the Boston Marathon calculated times
- Weight train my entire body so I can get to below 190 pounds


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home