Monday, January 03, 2005

Recover Run and Strides - First Run of 2005

Today was a recovery day since we did the 22+ miler on Friday. I took Saturday and Sunday off after the long run. My allergies went wild on New Year's eve but a little extra rest and some meds made it go away. I usually get Cedar fever really bad and I am hoping it doesn't hit that hard this year.

The weather was drizzly and gray today with temps in the high 60s. I met my usual Monday crew at RunTex and we did a counter clockwise loop around the trail for 7 miles. Afterward, we did 20 strides. Gilbert finished his 10 miler as we began the strides and I got some personal coaching for a couple of them. I need to loosen up my upper body...especially my shoulders. I tend to run tight and lean to the left.

7 Mile time - 1:02:33
Pace for 7 miler - 8:56
Overall mileage for the day - 8.23 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home