Thursday, March 31, 2005

Fartleks on the Trail

Today we did Fartleks on the trail. It was a perfect day for running...temps in the high 50s and no humidity. Gilbert called out the groups and I was in shock when he threw me in with Ivi and her fast posse. I think he is trying to get me to come out of my comfort zone and I really appreciate that. I really don't know anyone in that group so I was happy that Marci tagged along. We did a 20 minute warmup and then did 1 minute on/1 minute off. The faster folks really took off, but we were able to stay with reach of them. I probably ran too fast, but I felt good and wanted to pick up the pace. Gilbert caught us on the trail and made some form adjustments for me. I keep my shoulders too high and clench them when they should be relaxed and lower. We finished the fartleks and headed back at a pretty good pace. My stomach was acting up and I had to make a pit stop at the Taco Cabana. I ended up missing the drills, but did 4 strides before heading back to the car.

Total Mileage - 7.5 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home