Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Run in Palo Alto - Stanford Campus

I started the day with a very long flight with half the Asian population of Austin to San Jose, and shared my row with one serious, little bastard. He was into serios booger picking, booger eating, and screaming. Once I landed, I treated myself to an In and Out Burger double-double hamburger. I know it's not on my lose weight plan, but I felt like splurging since I hit 201 yesterady after the workout. I was in meetings until 7PM Austin time and then it was time to go for a run.

I ran with one of my Sun buddies, Paul Read, and the Palo Alto Run Club again. Today was the Stanford route where we run through part of the Stanford University campus. I saw that dump, Maples Pavillion, where the Stanford basketball team plays. It is very small from the outside. We passed by the football stadium, and I saw the signature Stanford tower. It was a very nice run.

I have to share this story. There is this really weird dude who I had the unfortunate experience of talking to last week...very weird dude! He was there again tonight. He has many interesting views on running. I wish I had a picture of him. He wears this Oakland A's windbreaker, off-brand running shoes, women's sun glasses, and a baseball cap. Then no matter what run we do, he takes off like a bat out of hell...running with the big dogs, and dies a mile into the run. Then I guess he walks back to his car and goes home. Today he lasted a bit longer due to a couple of early traffic lights, but still died very early. It was pretty warm today and he still had on the windbreaker. At the first light he unzipped...and no shirt...weird! Anyway, enough of the wacko.

Stats - 4.5 Miles/around 36:30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home