Saturday, June 11, 2005

First Chicago LSR

Today I did my first official LSR run for Chicago. The goal was 12 miles, but the course G set out was only a little over 11. I ran with Anne Espinoza most of the way and we went way too fast. I guess I can afford it on a short run like this, but as we get longer, we need to definitely go slower. We did the scenic loop out to 35th and down to Exposition and back. We stopped for water at Redbud, the cleaners, and at O'Henry Middle School. I at one Carboom at the cleaners which is a little over half way.

I was able to pick it up a bit at the end, but I was really tired. I think I worked my legs too hard with the weights yesterday. I need to moderate those workouts a bit prior to the long runs.

Splits -
Mile 1 - 9:28
Mile 2 - 8:45
Mile 3 - 8:21
Mile 4 - 8:05
Mile 5 - 8:01
Mile 6 - 8:13
Mile 7 - 8:06
Mile 8 - 7:59
Mile 9 - 7:32
Mile 10 - 8:01
Mile 11 - 7:37

Stats - 11.18 Miles/1:31:35/8:11 average pace
Average Heart Rate 152
Max Heart Rate 171

I did a mile out and back cool down from the zero mile marker to get to the 12 mile mark for the day. I also did 4 strides and then had to take off early to go get the girls. I did some stretching when I got home.

My hip felt pretty good during the run but now it hurts. I am icing it and will rest it tomorrow. Depending on how it feels will determine my pace on Monday for the pace run. I hope I can get rid of this crap soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home