Monday, June 06, 2005

Start of Chicago Training

Today was the first day of Chicago marathon training. There were about 10 of us that took off on a 7 mile run "as you feel" with the last two miles going a bit harder. I started out with Alex and Anne going counter-clockwise in the trail. Alex caught up to Kenny Hill and Ann took off a bit ahead of me on the North side of the trail. I caught Anne by the boat docks and we both stopped for water there. We headed back and I finished ahead of her by a minute or so. The first mile was an 8:55 and we got progressively faster from there. All the remaining miles were sub 8 and all faster than the previous mile...good stuff!

My right quad is nagging again. I guess it's from the race, but I need to keep my eye on it. We did 5 strides in the grass and then headed over for a quick group stretch at RunTex.

It was a good workout and good kick off for Chicago.

Stats - 7 Miles/53:42/7:40 pace
Average Heart Rate - 151
Max Heart Rate - 167

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home