Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Mile Repeats at Zilker

Today we ran mile repeats at Zilker Park on the south side of Barton Springs Rd. I woke up at the usual time and wanted to go right back to sleep. The goal for the weekend was to get caught up on my sleep, but I still feel like I am in a big hole.

The weather was warm and soupy...typical for this time of year, but at least it wasn't raining. We headed over to the park, did our drills and then got into running mode. I ran with Sean, Joseph, Anne and Gretchen. We did 5 repeats and all of mine were under 7 minutes. I was pretty consistent and the only disappointing thing was that I wasn't able to do my fastest repeat last. I got carried away with Sean and spent myself on the 4th repeat.

Repeats
06:58.2, 06:54.5, 06:58.6, 06:46.0, 06:51.0

All in all it was a very good day. I feel strong and any nicks I had from Indy are now gone.

Approximate mileage - 9.3 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home