Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday Pace Run

Today Gilbert sent us out on a "how you feel" pace run. He told us to warm up for 20 minutes and then go. We took off in a small pack and then Anne and I gradually broke away. I looked at my watch at the 20:30 mark and it said 2.3 miles and than is when we picked it up. I didn't feel so hot today due to lack of sleep from our Saturday lake trip and having to give up my Sunday sleep to work at the TLG boot at Danskin. I also had a few beers/margaritas and didn't eat well this weekend. I have to get out of this circle to really succeed at Chicago.

The 4.7 miles we ran hard didn't feel that bad. I tried to watch my heart rate and keep it in the 150 zone. It was in the high mid to high 150s and went over 160 only during the last mile. We got back to the zero mile marker and did 5 strides. My left knee popped during one of the strides and I think I just tweaked it. I stopped really quickly and may have hyperextended it. Yet another thing to watch. My hip felt good today which was a relief. Hopefully both things will feel better in the AM for the Gazelle workout.

Warmup - 2.3 Miles/20:30/8:55 pace
Pace Run Stats - 4.7 miles/34:58/7:26 pace
Overall Stats - 7 Miles/55:28/7:55 pace
Average Heart Rate - 146
Maximum Heart Rate - 168

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home