Monday, July 11, 2005

10 Mile Pace Run

Today we jumped to the 10 mile mark for our Monday pace run. The goal was to do 5 miles at 60% effort and 5 miles at run how you feel. I ran with Anne, Patrick and a new guy named Chris. It was weird to run 10 miles again after Saturday's 10 miler.

We ran the first 5 miles in 42:36/8:31 pace. We stopped at next to the power plant for water and a quick potty break. I forgot my gel, so and would feel it a bit later. We continued on and I used my Garmin to kick off the pace run at the 5 mile mark. I went out pretty quick for the first mile and then slowed the next 3...I was able to get it back for the 5th mile. My splits were 7:20, 7:29, 7:41, 7:59, and 7:34. I stopped at the Pfluger bridge for water and it was plain hot. I skipped water at the Rock and then drank a little at the railroad tracks. I think a gel would have helped keep my energy level up. It definitely wasn't my best effort. My times were all over the map and not consistent at all. I need to work on consistency for the marathon. We have 89 days until race day...it's coming fast!

I did 4 strides and then headed to the club for a quick weight workout and some stretching. I haven't lifted in 3 weeks so it felt good to get in there again. I did an abbreviated set and then did a quick stretch routine and headed to the office.

Stats - 10.21 Miles/1:22:19/8:04 pace
Pace Run - 5.21 Miles/39:38/7:36 pace
AHR - 149
MHR - 168

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home