Friday, July 15, 2005

Long Run to 2222

Today I met Anne at RunTex to do our long run to 2222 and back. The rest of the group is going to run tomorrow, but since we are flying to NYC later this afternoon, I wanted to get my run in before I left and Anne was willing to go a day early. We left at 5:30 and it was actually kind of nice. The temps were a little cooler due to the big storms on Thursday night and it was cloudy until about the last mile of the run.

We stopped for water and a Enervit gel a the bathrooms just past the Hula Hut and then stopped again for water at the cleaners. We headed up Mt Bonnell and my legs were burning. I put a bag of gatorade at the peak before the run so it was nice to stop for some a nice drink at the top. We headed down the backside to 2222 where I drank have of an Enervitene liquid package and killed the rest of my gatorade. We headed back up and it was actually a really nice run. A couple of the climbs were killers, but I was very happy with the way my body recovered on the fly through all of the big climbs. We stopped at the top again and grabbed another bottle of gatorade. We ran down to 35th street and over to Exposition. I placed two more bottles of gatorade at O'Henry and we stopped there for a last drink and the last bit of the Enervitene. We picked up the pace for the last couple of miles and finished in a solid time.

We did 6 strides and then called it a day. It was a really good workout on a good summer running day in Austin.

Stats - 16.73 Miles/2:20:48/8:25 pace
AHR - 141
MHR - 165

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home