Thursday, July 14, 2005

Short Ladder at AHS

Today I really should have rested for tomorrow's 18 miler, but I haven't done any track work in so long that I decided to go. We ran over to AHS, did our drills and then set off on a series of 1x1 Mile, 1x1200, 1x800, and the multiple 400s. I think G wanted us to do between 3 and 6 400s. I started with a group that included Sean, Joseph, Lucy and a couple of other folks. I had a hard time keeping up...my legs are still really sore from Tuesday. I ran the mile in 6:40...slow! I did the 1200 in 5:04, the 800 in 3:15, and I only did one 400 in 1:34. My legs were really beat today so I called it a day after a set of each.

My "newer" shoes have a slight tear in the fabric of the right outer heal and it has caused a nice blister on my foot. I put a bandaid on it this AM, but could feel it after the workout. Since freakin' RunTex never has my shoes and size in stock, I am going to have to figure out something for tomorrow's long run. Hopefully it won't cause me any major discomfort in the morning.

Tomorrow should be interesting for me. I have never done the Mt. Bonnell to 2222 run before. I am glad that Anne volunteered to run with me tomorrow. Running 18 miles by yourself really sucks.

Stats - 5.95 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home